What you've been waiting for for all these years has finally
arrived. Finally, Genesis fans can judge their personality by
picking picture captions for Genesis-related images! That's
right. Below you will find a series of pictures, and beneath
each picture is a short list of possible captions for that picture.
For each list, choose the caption that feels right to you (don't
ask me which one feels right to you, use your instincts; that
way the choice will be true to your deepest self), and at the
end of the test you can score your choices and discover your
Genesis Quotient. Your personality will match with one of the
pre-supplied band member personality profiles (psychologists
have discovered that the full range of the human psyche is demonstrated
by five basic personality types, which are (by a strange, serendipitous
twist of fate!) all present in the classic five-member line-up
of Genesis). NOTE: The personality profiles for the band members
DO NOT match those outlined in the Faux Bios section. That's
because the Faux Bios were, well, fake. But THESE, these are
the real personalities of the band members. Honest! ANOTHER
NOTE: If you are disappointed by your ending personality profile/Genesis
Quotient, that's not my fault. It's YOUR personality.
ONE (Pictures 1-6)
1. Ant at the goat farm: "Well, yeah, his head
feels okay, and I checked his teeth, but what kind of mileage
does he get?"
2. Ant's pet goat was incredibly strong and, with
the appropriate harness, could carry all of his musical equipment
from his home in England to the studio in Belgium.
3. For a short period in the late 70s, Ant considered
writing a concept album all about the life of an enslaved
goat named "Parka." He did lots of research with
real goats, but eventually he decided against the idea.
4. After leaving the band, Anthony Phillips had to
take small jobs training goats for television commercials.
5. Ant: "All right, goat, I can wait as long
as you can; if you're not going to tell me, I'm just going
to keep looking over here until I figure out what it is you're
1. Pete (pointing at Tony): "This is Tony's big
keyboard solo, everybody, and the whole success of the show
basically hinges on whether he can pull this off without screwing
up. So nobody make him nervous! OK, Tony, fire away. This
song is called 'Firth of Fifth,' by the way."
2. Pete: "I'd like to point out our roadie Richard
to everyone in the audience. Richard forgot to bring the right
adapter to the gig tonight, so all of our instruments got
fried and the electrical system is dead. Let's give Rich a
nice welcome, shall we? ...That's right, it's OK to kick him
when he's down."
3. Pete: "Now I may do some spontaneous crowd
surfing tonight, so I want everyone in front to promise right
now that they won't get out of the way when I jump!"
4. Pete: "OK, whoever brought the pack of hunting
hounds in, that is not funny. You'd better get them out of
here now, I think they've got my scent! If they rip my ball
gown, I'm not going to be the one paying for it."
5. Pete: "Hey, you in the front there--there's
no smoking in this gig...What's that? No, my mother does not
1. Pete: "Boy, let me tell you folks, these stage
lights are HOT! I have got to get out of this bulky, heavy,
2. Pete: "AAAAHH! This jumpsuit is really chafing
3. Pete: "Why don't you touch me, touch--Wait
a moment, someone stole my chest hair! It was you, wasn't
it, Phil? I know you wanted a transplant, but this just isn't
the way to go about it, mate."
4. Old Henry: "Hey baby, I may be getting old
and wrinkly in the facial area, but check out this magnificently
5. Pete: "Before I finish the song, ladies and
gentlemen, I have an announcement to make: I've just been
told there is a car out in the carpark with its lights on.
The license plate number is: F-O-X-T-R-O-T...Oh, that's rather
cute, isn't it?"
1. To rehearse for a show, Peter goes through every
song in his head in real time. It's time consuming, but it
can be done anywhere; here, Peter rehearses at the dinner
2. Peter Gabriel had an incredibly intense fear of
flying, and in order to actually get him onto a plane his
fellow band members had to resort to spiking his afternoon
tea with sleeping agents.
3. While Tony Banks has his cup of tea every day,
regular as clockwork, Peter Gabriel must perform a ritual
meditation every afternoon wherein he prays to Buddha.
4. Peter Gabriel's threshold for drink was so low
that a single cup of tea would make him pass out if he drank
it too quickly.
5. After a previous day which included two whole performances
and one long night of sustained binge drinking, Peter Gabriel
can hardly keep awake; but hardcore partier Tony Banks has
a nice cup a tea and keeps on going.
1. Beneath all the costumes and make-up and artifice,
what Peter Gabriel really looks like is...this.
2. Pete: "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT PRETTY BOY?
Haven't you ever seen Magog before? MAGOG!!"
3. Phil: "When Peter put on a costume, he really
slipped into his role. When he was Magog, he would go around
yelling to all the roadies about the end of the world, and
keep mistaking Mike Rutherford for Jesus."
4. Pete: "Damn paparazzi! Must you follow me
everywhere, even into my home!?"
5. Peter Gabriel always played around on stage. At
one rehearsal, Peter's head got wedged so tight in a piece
of stage equipment that it could not be removed in time for
the gig, and he had to pretend that it was part of a costume.
This is the end of the first half of the test. To continue,
please add up the numbers of all your caption choices, and
(keeping this sum in mind) go to part two by clicking on the
corresponding link below.